The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

31 Weeks

I went to the doctor's office today for an ultrasound. Isabel looked absolutely beautiful!!!! She is going to be quite photogenic!!!! I told Joel I thought she had my feet for sure!!! I will post pictures of her tomorrow. They are estimating that she weighs about 3 pounds 12 ounces right now. Believe it or not, that is right on target for where she should be. I actually thought she might be measuring bigger, but I guess not. I go to the doctor Friday, so I am anxious to hear what she says about the amniotic fluid. I would think if it looked to be low, they would have said something while I was there today.

Garrett is doing great. He is actually enjoying bath time right now. He loves to play with bath toys and his favorit thing to do is swim!!!! Joel puts him on his belly in his little seat and he splashes like crazy!!! I love to hear Joel tell him that he "isn't splashing enough if he isn't getting wet". I am not sure how he isn't getting wet because the wall and the floor are getting plenty wet!!!

Our great friends Greg & Laura brought us a fantastic pasta dish to have for dinner last night. Oh my goodness...it was so good. Joel tells me that I need to definitely get that recipe!!! Thank you guys so much...and you were right...it weighed about 10 pounds.


31 Weeks
~The rate of physical growth slows down just a bit, but even though she doesn't get much longer, she will gain a lot of weight the rest of the pregnancy.
~Fat continues accumulating. This layer of fat turns her skin from red to the rosy pink she will have as a newborn.
~Calcium, phosphorus and iron are being stored and his bones are growing and hardening.
~Your baby is 16.2 inches (41.1cm) long and weighs 3.3 pounds (1502gm)
~His brain enters another period of rapid growth, producing hundreds of billions of new nerve cells! Amazing!
~She may move to the rhythm of music. Studies with heart rates show that she also prefers some types of music to others -- already!
~Lungs are the only major organ left to complete development. Remember, that while you may be anxious to meet your little one that these last few weeks can be vital - with each day increasing your baby's ability to breathe on her own.

1 comment:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

Yay, I'm so glad she's doing wonderful. I loved the ultrasounds towards the end because you could really see so much! What a miracle. Let me know if there's an evening you feel up to some company. If you don't feel up to company, I totally understand, but I still would like to bring you over some food. Let me know what works for you