The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 10, 2008

28 Weeks

Things have been pretty steady and normal for us lately. Garrett continues to grow my leaps and bounds. He has reached a number of milestone. He can now sit up on his own for a little while before toppling over, he can sit in a big boy highchair (like at a restaurant), he wants to play with things in the tub, and...........his first tooth is coming in. It has actually broken through his gum and is now just coming up!!!!! Believe it or not, he doesn't mind the tooth thing. He isn't like most kids; he doesn't have a fever and isn't fussy. He likes to play with his little tooth nub with his tongue though. Tonight his shirt was so wet, it looked like we had poured water on it. I am not sure that he is swallowing any of his slobber!!!!

I am doing pretty well. I am beginning to have some yucky swelling in my feet, ankles and legs. Actually, I am not sure I have ankles anymore!!!! I about ready to break down and wear flip flops to work. I have 3 pairs of shoes I can get my feet in right now!!!! I went to the doctor today. She said everything appears to be fine. My blood pressure was a bit high, but not something for us to worry about right now. She told me some foods to avoid, but they are items I don't generally eat anyway.

Did you know that Baby Girl has a name????? Maybe I will let you in on that next week!!! I ordered her bedding tonight. I am anxious to get it, so I can take a piece of it and buy paint. The bedding is suppose to be in next week, so maybe I can get the painting done next weekend.
28 Weeks
~Eyebrows and eyelashes are now very noticeable!
~Hair on baby's head is growing longer. Some babies are born with almost none at all, while others appear to be ready for their first haircut!
~Eyes are completely formed now. Quite a view from inside!
~Your baby's body is getting plump and rounded. Most of that increase is muscle tissue and bone. Fat will be added during the third trimester.
~Muscle tone is improving. Preparation for the Olympics feels like it is taking place in your womb!
~Lungs are capable of breathing now (but baby would still struggle and require medical attention if born now)
~Talk to your baby often, reading stories, singing songs and more. He or she can recognize your voice now and will often calm to it later on!
~Your baby weighs in now at 2.2 pounds (1005gm) and is 14.8 inches (37.6cm).
Love to All!!!!

2 comments:

Missy and Brad said...

The bedding is beautiful! Sorry to hear about the swelling. Yuck! And I can't believe Baby Garrett is getting his first tooth!! He'll be running around the church before we know it!
Miss

Three Gals and a Guy said...

Your bedding is awesome. There definately is a greater selection of cute stuff for girls than there is for boys.