The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

30 Weeks

10 more weeks to full term!!! It is amazing to think that in 2 1/2 months our little girl will be here!!! I have been on bed rest since Monday and I am totally bored. I am hopeful that when I go to the doctor Friday she will tell me that my blood pressure is down and I can go back to work!!! I would hate to use all my sick/vacation time before she even arrives.

Garrett is doing great. He now has 3 teeth, 2 on the bottom and 1 on the top. He started out with one on the bottom, Saturday morning I checked and he still only had one, by Saturday afternoon he had another tooth that had come through!!!! I now rub my finger on his gums all the time. I checked his mouth Monday evening and he still only had 2 teeth, then last night I checked and he had another one!!! He amazes me with how great he has been with his teething.

I told you I would let you in on a little secret.....baby girl's name. Joel and I had a really hard time deciding on a name. We had Garrett's name picked out from the beginning. We had his name picked out before we even knew we were getting him!!!! We actually had a name picked out if it was a girl, but once we decided she was a girl, we weren't set on the name. I told Joel that we had to get a name picked out for a number of reasons...She could technically make her appearance and we didn't have a name, it was driving everyone crazy not having a name to call her, Joel's sister started calling her "fetus"...Jennifer tends to come up with nicknames and they stick (Garrett is Pedro to her) and I didn't want "her" being called fetus!!!!
I didn't get any painting done over the weekend. I guess that is good because I was online today and found different bedding that I like even more than what we have. I have called to get the return instructions and I am going to be ordering the new bedding.
30 Weeks
~Did you know your baby is nearly three pounds now?
~His head is getting larger to accommodate a period of rapid brain growth. Don't forget to continue to "teach" your baby in the womb by exposing to music, literature, and simply talking to him.
~A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him. As he grows and fills your uterus, the amount of amniotic fluid will decrease. Funny, you certainly won't feel any lighter!
~She spends more and more time practicing opening and closing eyelids. Her eyes can move from side to side, following a light source. She may even reach out to touch the light.
~Early lanugo is beginning to disappear that served to protect your baby's skin from the water in the womb. Your little one's own hair may begin to appear.
~Toenails are entering their final growth stage.
~Bone marrow is now in charge of red blood cell production. These red blood cells will continue to service your child's body by transporting oxygen and removing the wastes (carbon monoxide and other gases).
~Your baby has the capability now to produce tears -- yes, within the womb.
~By the end of this week, your baby is now 15.7 inches (39.9cm) long and weighs 2.91 pounds (1319gm).
How's Mom
As for the ongoing joys of being in your third trimester: your not-so-fun symptoms are just intensifying this week, so it might not hurt to slow down a bit and focus on yourself. If you’re feeling extra fatigued, you’ve probably joined the sleeping shouldn’t be this tough when I’m this tired club, especially if you’re experiencing a lot of back pain and general discomfort. If you’ve been pushing the exercise thing, then this is the time perhaps to cut down on the physical activities and focus more on getting proper sleep (if this means buying a pregnancy pillow, then do it!). Oh and all that moodiness? Just go with the flow emotionally. This doesn't mean letting the hormones win and becoming a complete psychotic. Instead, feel the feelings, but know that the drama you’re feeling is largely a result of increased adrenaline thanks indirectly to hormonal swings—not because things really are that dramatic and merit adult temper tantrums. The clincher symptom for this week: it’s highly likely your libido has gone on sabbatical. This, as far as we’re concerned, is perfectly natural in your condition.
I hope you have read the entire post or you will have missed this little tidbit.....Baby Girl's name is.......Isabel Grace!!!!!!
Love to All!!!!

2 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

That sounds like the name of an angel! I love it. I'm so happy for you guys and am anxious to hear about your appointment tomorrow! I'll keep my fingers crossed!-mandy

Missy and Brad said...

LOVE the name of your precious little one. We can't wait to meet her!!!
Missy