The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Yuck!!

We woke up this morning to a cold, rainy day!!! I can't figure out why we get a taste of spring and then we are back to yucky wintry weather. Needless to say, it isn't 30 degrees, but it is cold and wet.

Joel and I got quite a bit accomplished this morning. I dropped the kids off with Joel's mom for a few hours and we both started on our lists of things to get done!! I went and had my passport photo taken, went to a 9:40 appointment, picked up 2 gallons of paint, met Joel (after he had gotten the car inspected, tire fixed and his passport photo), went to the Post Office and submitted our Passport Applications... It feels like we have been running all morning.

Passports.......we had been told we could get a Passport card (much cheaper) for travel to Canada and Mexico. When we got to the Post Office we were told that was only good if you were going by land. I certainly don't think we will be driving to Puerto Vallarta!!!! After a hefty fee, we left knowing that we should have our Passport in a maximum of 4 weeks. I have been being told that they are only taking about 14 days to get them back in the mail...we will see.

My parents are going to feed the kids dinner tonight, give them their tubby (bath) and get them ready for bed. Joel and I are going to meet some friends and drive to one of our favorite restaurants, Cantina Laredo...I hope we don't get too wet while walking to it!!!! I also hope to make a pit stop at the Brighton store that is right next to the restaurant. I absolutely love their jewelry!!! After a great evening with Rick and Jamme, we will pick the kids up (hopefully they will be VERY tired) and head home. I am hopeful that my parents will wear out Garrett and Isabel...I could really use them to sleep in a little tomorrow before church.

That is our plan for the day/night, what are your plans???

No comments: