The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sunny Day

The weather has been horrible for the last week. A week ago I was off work for Isabel's birthday and the weather was so nice...I had the windows open at home. The weekend came and snow was on the ground, making some of the family unable to drive here for Isabel's birthday party. The sun is finally out today and hopefully the temperature is on its way up. I am sooooo ready for Spring. I am ready to get my garden planned out and ready to plant, flower beds created, outdoor furniture ready, outdoor toys assembled...and the list goes on. I guess you could say that I am ready to start spending time outside with the kids!!!

I think I will toot my own horn for a moment... I have been trying and struggling with getting the baby weight off and losing a bit more on top of that. I have joined Curves and have not been going as strictly as I had been going, but that is changing...I am going to go 3 times a week regardless of anything else that is going on. Since I started really watching what I was eating about 2 weeks ago, I have lost 9 pounds!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a few pounds shy of where I was before I found out I was pregnant. My goal is to get those pounds off and another 10. After that happens, I will stop, regroup and plan from there. I would like to get another 15 off after that, but I am going to take baby steps and celebrate the small goals!!!

On to the more exciting topic... The kids are really growing. That is another reason I am looking forward to Spring. I hate to buy anymore jeans and long pants. Garrett and Isabel both are outgrowing almost everything!!! I have bought them each a couple pairs of pants that fit them well, but all of the others are high waters!!! I am such a bad mommy...I try to always make sure they have on their "long" pants if I know we are going to be going somewhere. How bad is that? Isabel is getting really close to walking. I think she could do it, she just hasn't gotten her courage up yet.

Garrett hasn't been sleeping well for the last couple of nights. I am not sure what is going on with him, but he wakes up every couple of hours yelling "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" until I go to his room. He get in there and he is standing in his crib like he is ready to get up. I had been contemplating taking the rail off his crib and getting a little rail thing to attach to the mattress (getting him ready for his toddler bed), but I think I have decided against that. I would die if I woke up and he was out of bed and I couldn't find him!!!! Maybe he will sleep better tonight, I need to!!!

Have a great day!!!

2 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

Congratulations on your weight loss and on joining Curves! You are really looking great and I know you will meet your goals. I know what you mean about warm weather; I can't wait to let Emma run around outside

Tammy said...

I just read your comment. I had no idea you checked my blog! I'm so glad! I stumbled across yours awhile ago, and am so glad that your computer is now fixed! I'm looking forward to getting reacquainted.