The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas the Night Before Christmas

I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Eve. We always have a busy evening and then a busy Christmas day. We always go to my parents for homemade chicken and noodles and finger foods. Family friends come over and we have a great time. We then go to Joel's parents for snacks and fun times. Santa always makes an appearance...bearing gifts and all!!!! We are anxious to see how the kids react to Santa. We didn't take the kids to see Santa...I know, I am a horrible mom!!! I hate to put them through the suffering of having to sit on a strangers lap and then being miserable!!

Tomorrow morning we will have Christmas at our house with the kids. We will have breakfast together and then get ready to head to my parents. We will then exchange gifts with them and have Christmas dinner. After we spend time eating and being merry, we will go to Joel's parents for more holiday fun.

I feel very fortunate to have our families so close and being able to share in the holidays with them. I also feel so very fortunate that I have my beautiful family of 4. I think back to a couple of years ago...it was just Joel and I. I thank God everyday that he gave me Garrett. Then He blessed me even more...and brought Isabel to me!!! This is going to be a great Christmas season!!!

Love to all of you. Hug those that are close to you and hold those that aren't with you right now in your heart!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Misty, Joel, Garrett, and Isabel! I hope you have day full of blessings!