The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The goose is getting fat

I always loved that choir warm-up....Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat!!!

I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season. We have been having a great time. I love this time of year...a nip in the air, the smells of Christmas, beautiful lights, baked goods... What could be better? I spent the weekend baking and cooking. That is something that I love to do and I feel like I haven't done a lot of in the past year. I am getting back in the habit though.

I have to toot my own horn for a moment. I have reached a point in my life that I have decided-I am the person that is in charge of my own well being and happiness. I started Saturday and did it again on Monday....I went for a jog. For those of you who know me well, know this is not something I enjoy. I do not like to sweat, I do not like to exercise. What kind of mommy am I if I can't show my children that they have to take care of the only body that God gave them. I am the person that is supposed to show them how to be healthy. I can say that I have enjoyed my 2 jogging trips. I am going to try and go again tonight. I have decided that I will go outside and jog on the evenings when Joel goes to pick up the kids. I can get home and changed clothes and get outside and back home about the same time they get home. I do need to be motivated....so pump me up!!!

We are taking the kids and my folks to Silver Dollar City this weekend to see the beautiful Christmas lights. I am sure Garrett will LOVE it!!! When he sees the lights now he says "Wow" or "Cool". I can't imagine what he will think when he sees a million lights!!! I am sure Isabel will have a great time also. I do need to buy them each a pair of mittens to keep their little fingers warm. I am hoping to spend Sunday after church baking. I would love to make some Christmas cookies and let Garrett help me frost them.

That is all we have going on for now. What do you have going on??

No comments: