The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 25, 2008

Will you still love Him

"If the Lord never gives us children, will you still love Him?" This is a question that is posed in the beginning of this fabulous movie. If you haven't seen Facing the Giants, you are missing out on something very special.

The time leading up to our decision to adopt was a difficult one. I have been through hearing the "negative" and it is one that cuts right through your heart. Once Joel and I decided that adoption was where God was leading us, we had complete peace. I told myself that I had to turn everything over to Him completely. Once I did that, I knew everything was going to be fine. Even during our difficult times right after Garrett's birth, I knew that everything would turn out in our favor. I never gave up hope and trusted that the Lord would get us through.

Please keep tuned in for more wonderful scenes from this movie that brought such joy to my life!!! If it weren't for this movie, I don't know that I would have ever found my dearest and best friends...Greg and Laura!!! You guys are the best and I don't know what I would do without you. The Lord works in strange and mysterious ways and I know all this happened to bring us together!!!

2 comments:

GLS said...

Such a GREAT movie!!! I bought it last fall, but haven't watched yet...waiting until I'm ready for a good cry. ;-)
It's pretty awesome how this movie brought us together. I'll never forget watching this scene in Sunday School that day and our emails that followed. We love you guys and think the world of you!
Laura

whittfam5 said...

Haley and I just watched the scene on your blog. Now we gotta see the movie. I will have to wait to get to a place that actually rents movies, BUT, looking forward to it. Love you!