The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'm a weight watcher

Well...as some of you know, I have struggled with my weight over the last few years. While we were in the process of adopting Garrett, I had worked so hard to lose about 20 pounds. We brought Garrett home, found out I was pregnant, and the rest is history. I had a goal for myself that while I was pregnant, I would gain any more than 40 pounds. The day Isabel was born, I had gained 38 pounds...I guess it is a good thing I didn't make it to my due date!!!! I have since lost 18 pounds, but I know the rest is going to be difficult.

I have jumped in and joined Weight Watchers. Two of my dear friends have been on Weight Watchers and are going back for a refresher. I am sure they are going to help motivate me...and hold me accountable. We will be going to weekly meetings on Saturdays, where we will weigh in. I am going to try and post my progress (not my weight!) weekly. I expect you all to hold me accountable also!!!

Garrett and Isabel are doing great. We went to some friends house for dinner tonight and Garrett was great!! He sat in his booster seat at the table with us and was quite a charmer. He has learned that if he makes you laugh at something he does, he keeps doing it. He then laughs at himself...he is a mess and the sad thing is, he knows he is cute!!! Isabel was quite a little pill tonight. She is having some tummy issues and tends to be a bit fussy. Joel tried to quiet her down while I was eating, but she was too fired up. My friend Missy then went to take her so Joel could eat, and voila, she quieted right down!!! I guess she just needed to hear a woman's voice. She must have worn herself out completely, she is still asleep!!!!

More later!!

4 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

Misty, you are so gorgeous! I'm still working on about 12 pounds from Emma (I gained 52!) Keep me posted on your progress, but don't stress yourself out about it, it will come
Love,
madny

Missy and Brad said...

Misty-Mandy's right...You are gorgeous! I'm so happy to be back in Weight Watchers myself. We'll have fun for sure!
*hugs*
Missy

Unknown said...

I don't know where the heck I have been nor how I missed this so please forgive me and accept my sincerest CONGRATS on a BEATIFUL DAUGHTER! She almost made it to my birthday (feb 26). You and Joel are truly blessed. And Garrett just keeps getting cuter and cuter!

I ditto the comments. You are a beautiful lady.

Again, sorry for being so late!

Crystal from the Endo group

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog for details!