The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Oh My Toe!!!

Quite a title huh?? Can you believe I think I broke my toe??? So...I have a 6 week old, I am pregnant, and now I have a limp!!! I walked out of the bathroom last night (with the light on) and walked right into the quilt stand in our room!!!! I heard a pop and then I felt excruciating pain!!! Joel heard the "thud" and then the moan and then the fall to the floor!!! My toe is now purple, swollen, and sore!!! It hurts to walk, to put pressure on it, to let a blanket fall on it...basically to have the toe attached to my foot is utter misery!!! I guess if it doesn't fall off, it will get better!!!

Joel and I had a great anniversary. We ate at our favorite restaurant, had wonderful dessert and decided we didn't want to go home!!! It was Garrett's bath time and Joel's mom said she would give him a bath. So...we decided to do something other than going home. We both thought at exactly the same time the exact same thing, let's go play mini golf. That was the excitement of our 5th wedding anniversary!!!! It was a great day!!

Can you believe I am 10 weeks already? I can't!!! We are 1/4 of the way there!!! My clothes are really not fitting now!!! My mom took me Friday and bought me a couple pairs of pants and some great tops. My mother in law then took me Saturday and bought me some more great tops!!! I am now living in my maternity denim capris!!!!! Luckily I have not had any morning sickness. I have had a few mornings after getting up to feed Garrett (about 4:00am) that I have felt like I was going to vomit, but luckily a handful of pretzels kept it away!! Pretzels have become my newest love!!! The make my tummy feel better anytime I feel a little yucky!!!

10 Weeks

~Baby is now called a fetus in "medical terms". You, however, may have chosen the name "peanut," "angel," "jumping bean" or simply "miracle."
~The most critical part of your infant's development is complete. Now you are headed into a period of rapid growth.
~While a bit strange to envision, your baby's head is now about half its length - Soon the rest of the body's growth will catch up but this area is prepared to keep up with the rapid brain development!
~Eyelids fuse shut and irises begin to develop - Eye color is also determined by this point.
~Placenta begins to function this week or next - The placenta is the organ responsible for both the provision of nutrients along with the removal of waste to keep your baby growing strong!
~Your baby will be about 1.22 inch long (3.1cm) and weigh 0.14 ounce (4gm) at the end of this week
Love to all!!!

2 comments:

Missy and Brad said...

OUCH!! So sorry about your toe! YIKES! I'm so glad you guys had a great anniversary. It's cool that our anniversaries are so close. I can't believe 10 weeks have passed! Excellent! We keep ALL four of you in our prayers!
Missy and Brad

Three Gals and a Guy said...

It stinks that you hurt your toe. Kevin broke his once and he was miserable! I can't believe you're already 1/4 there. Time will continue to go by so quickly, especially since you have Garrett to keep you busy. Have fun with the maternity clothes; they make much cuter things than they used to.