The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 20, 2007

12 Weeks

A lot has been going on this week!!! My friends Kevin and Mandy had their beautiful little Emma yesterday. I was lucky enough to get to see the 3 of them today. Emma is absolutely gorgeous. She looks so tiny compared to Garrett. She came into the world yesterday morning weighing a massive 5 pounds 14 ounces!!!! Check out a few pictures on their blog...there is a link on the side.

It is hard to believe that I am already 12 weeks. My maternity clothes are really starting to fit, although I have a feeling that some people probably look at me and think to themselves, "I can't believe she hasn't lost any of her baby weight yet." I am sure there will be more strange looks the larger I get. It is amazing to think that as fat as I feel, I have only gained about 6 pounds!!!

12 Weeks
~Vocal cords begin to form - While perhaps not quite ready to be introduced to the nearest opera stage, your infant will use these immediately following the moment of birth. Bet you can't wait to hear that first cry!
~Those precious eyes begin to move closer together - Are you wondering if he will have mommy's crystal green eyes, daddy's laughing brown ones, or maybe out of the gene pool will emerge grandma's clear blue!
~Ears shift to their normal place on the side of the head
~Intestines move farther in to your child's body
~His or her liver begins to function - Responsible for cleansing the blood, storing nutrients, and providing needed chemicals, this is an important event!
~The pancreas begins to produce insulin
~Guess what? Your baby's average size is now at a whopping length: 2.13 inches (5.4cm) and weight: 0.49 ounce (14gm)

No comments: