The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

11 Weeks

Every week I have a hard time believing that I have made it another week. I continue to get a more pronounced "bump" on my belly!!! I have always heard that you don't start to show until your are about 14 weeks...I sure think I have had a bit of a "bump" for a few weeks now!!! My mom said she always started showing early on...I guess that is where I get it!!!

Garrett is doing great. We got his 1 month pictures delivered to us yesterday!!! He is so cute. I will try to scan some of them in and show them off in a day or two. He is sleeping pretty well at night. Joel usually gets up with him around 3:30-4:45, and then I get up with him when he gets up next. He usually gets up again around 6:45 or so!!! If I am lucky, I can get him to lay down for another couple of hours!!! Believe it or not, he is asleep right now and he has been asleep since 10:00am. He has slept through driving to town, going to the bank, going to the beauty show, eating lunch, and now blogging!!! I think I am going to have to go wake him up as soon as I am finished here!!!!

11 Weeks


~Nearly all structures and organs are formed and beginning to function.
~Fingers and toes have separated - Take a glimpse at how incredibly precious your child's tiny feet are at this point.
~Hair and nails begin to grow
~The genitals begin to take on the proper gender characteristics - It will be just a few more weeks before your ultrasound can show if you are having a boy or a girl! Have you been dreaming of pink or blue?
~Amniotic fluid begins to accumulate as the kidneys begin to function - This fluid, consisting primarily of water, helps provide a cushion for your baby while she's nestled within your womb.
~The muscles in the intestinal walls begin to practice contractions that digest food.
~Your baby is about 1.61 inches (4.1 cm) long and weighs 0.25 ounce (7gm).
Love to All!!!

3 comments:

GLS said...

Hey, you can't tell us about cute Garrett pics and then make us wait!!

Missy and Brad said...

How much does Garrett weigh now?!!? And yes, we demand to see the cute pictures! *smile*
Missy

Three Gals and a Guy said...

I agree with Greg and Laura and Missy; we can't wait to see his sweet pictures!!!