The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 10, 2007

Dreary Monday

Today has been quite a dreary day!!! It seems like it has been rainy for weeks now!!! I do believe fall is in the air though. I am happy about that since fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the crisp air, the changing colors, and the fall holidays!!! There is nothing better than orange, red, and yellow leaves on the trees, a cool breeze, and the smell of apples and cinnamon candles burning. That smell was of course before I was pregnant. I lit an apple candle yesterday and had to quickly put the lid back on it!!! I don't know how I am going to make it through fall and winter without the warm smell of apples!!!! Hopefully it will pass!!!

Garrett is growing like a weed. It seems like he has doubled in size!!! I don't notice it as much when I am holding him, but when someone else is holding him and I see him across the room, he looks HUGE. I am anxious to hear how much he weighs!!! I really need to take him to the hospital and have him weighed...I will be surprised if he isn't over 10-12 pounds!!!! Maybe I am exaggerating, but he sure feels that heavy...or I am just getting weak!!!

Do you know how difficult it is to find that "perfect" pair of jeans??? Imagine trying to find pants that you think you look good in, that fit your body, that don't make you look fat...when you are pregnant. I tried on a couple pairs of pants today at a maternity store and I thought I could just cry!!!! I wanted to sit down on the dressing room floor, put my head in my hands and cry and scream!!!! The next time you are trying to find the perfect pants, think about how bad you really don't have it!!! At least you don't have a belly to try and make look cute while you are trying to make your butt look cute!!! ;)

UPDATE:
Let's just say I am breathing a HUGE sigh of relief right now!!!! My friend Laura just called and gave me the best news!!!!! Her husbands mom babysits in her home and she agreed to take Garrett!!!! Finding childcare has been the biggest worry for Joel and I. Trying to find someone that you trust your most prized possession with, someone who is trustworthy, someone who is kind, someone who is wonderful...is not an easy task!!! Thanks to Greg and Laura, we have a great home to take Garrett to while we are at work!!!!! We OWE you guys!!! Love you guys!!! Thanks for everything!!!

1 comment:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

It's a bit pricey, but 9Months to Grow has really cute and trendy maternity jeans. Alot of them look like regular jeans and look great with a cute top over them. I can totally understand how you feel. I don't even think about what I put on now becuase I think, "What difference does it make? I look like a house!" I have always thought pregnant people look so cute (and still do) it's just hard to see that same cuteness on yourself. You are gorgeous, though, and will carry your belly beautifully!