The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 17, 2008

We are making it

Did you think that I had lost my sanity??? I haven't posted in a while due to the craziness of my schedule!!! Isabel is doing great. She sleeps great during the day. I often times have to wake her up to feed her. The nights are a totally different story though. She tries to get up every 2 hours if possible. We are working on making sure that doesn't happen. We do everything we can think of to try and calm her down before giving in to feed her. I know some of you have gotten to see our beautiful little angel. I made a few stops last week to show off Isabel. I went by my office one day last week and then I went by Joel's office. We also made it to church on Sunday. We weren't able to get around quite fast enough to make it to Sunday School, but we did make it to the Easter Cantata. We spent the remainder of Sunday with Joel's family, his sister was in town with her family, so we enjoyed some family time with them.
The only way we are making it while Joel is at work is because my mom is coming over to help me. I don't think I would be able to handle it otherwise. I had both kids by myself for about 1 1/2 hours today. During that time, I experienced my first bit of chaos!! Both of them were crying at the same time. At that point, I had to decide who I could get calmed down the fastest. Garrett won that fight. I knew I could get him calmed down in a couple minutes and down for a nap, so sweet little Isabel had to cry for those few minutes. It is so hard for me to let either one of then cry, but when Garrett is crying, looking at me with tears in his eyes, and reaching his arms for me, I couldn't feel any more like a loser!!!!



A few pictures for those of you that have been asking...

3 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

Yes!!! I told Cindy yesterday that I was dying for some baby pictures. I'm so happy to hear that Isabel is doing good. I can't imagine how crazy it is keeping up with 2 little ones; please let us know what we can do to help!!

GLS said...

Love the pictures! Hope to see you guys soon!!

p.s. - TAG...you're IT...check out my blog for details. ;-)

Missy and Brad said...

LOVE the photos! So glad we saw you guys at the mall...Isabel is so precious and adorable!! And the G-Man is as cute as ever!
*hugs*
Miss