The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 7, 2008

Our Family of 4

Is HOME!!!! I went to feed Isabel this morning at 10:30. Shortly after I got there, the neonatologist on for the day came over to give her the once over. She asked me a number of questions and then sprung this one on me, "So, do you want to take her home today?" I had to asked her if she was serious a couple of times!!! I guess she was serious because as I type this, Joel is being a great husband and making me a peanut butter and jelly for dinner, Garrett is playing with his cars in the floor, and Isabel is sleeping in her cradle.

We we released from the NICU at 5:50 this evening. At discharge, Isabel weighed 5 lbs 7 oz. She is putting weight on like crazy!!! She has gained 2 oz since yesterday. We will go to the doctor Monday morning and they will do a weight check on her to make sure that she has continued to gain weight while home with us this weekend.

Garrett was pretty cute to watch as he checked out his baby sister. At first he stared at her and then he started reaching for her. Joel put his face up to Isabel's head and stuck his lips right on her head!!! Her first kiss from her big brother. Too cute!!!

I'll let you know how the night goes when I get up tomorrow. No more sleep filled nights!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to see the four Whittens all together at last.What a beautiful family.We know it hasn't been an easy road but you have all done great. Misty wasn't the easiest person to keep down but when the time came she was a trooper. Joel,I'm not sure how he kept it together but he sure did. From seeing to it that Garrett was taken care of to making sure Misty had everything she needed if it be comfort or care, plus keeping a watchful eye on little Isabel. He deserves a big thank you, you did good Joel you did good. Mom and Dad Corwin.

Three Gals and a Guy said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see some pics. Please let me know if we can help with anything

GLS said...

That is awesome! Congratulations!! We'll have to bring that taco soup out soon! :-)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! I've read each blog waiting for the next to come up..I am just so glad you finally have your family happy, healthy and together!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the family is home! So glad to hear you are doing well. We look forward to info after her doctor's appointment. Let us know if we can do anything!
Love, Jill

Missy and Brad said...

YAY!! We're so happy that Isabel is home!! Sounds like she's doing great. Hope the proud parents are holding up!! :-)
*hugs*
Missy