The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Bye Bye 1st Trimester

It is hard to believe that the 1st trimester is over!!! I have been very fortunate with not having any morning sickness!!! Since I have been back to work, I also find that I don't really need a nap. I don't know if it is because I am so busy, or if I am finally over the hump of being completely exhausted. I am thinking that I might finally be over the hump. Don't get me wrong, by the time 9:00 gets here, I am ready for bed. I actually went to bed at 9:00 last night and was asleep by 9:15-9:30. I sure felt well rested this morning. I hope everything is well with everyone. Fill me in on what is going on in your world!!!

Did you know the babies vocal chords are developed!!!! The little bean can cry!!!!
14 Weeks
~Thyroid gland has matured and your baby begins producing hormones which will be used throughout his or her life.
~In boys, the prostate gland develops
~In girls, the ovaries move from the abdomen to the pelvis
~Your little one may have learned to suck his thumb by this point!
~Your child's bones are getting harder and stronger by the day!
~Your baby's skin is very transparent still
~Lanugo (very fine hair) covers the baby's body and will continue to grow until 26 weeks gestational age - Generally this will be shed prior to birth. Its purpose is to help protect baby's skin while in all that water!
~Your baby is 3.42 inches (8.7cm) long and weighs about 1.52 ounces (43 grams) - approximately the weight of a letter!

1 comment:

Missy and Brad said...

Congrats on the milestone! It's so exciting!! Loved the September photos of Garrett you sent out. He's an absolute doll!
Missy