The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

32 Weeks

Slowly but surely...we are getting there. I am in my 3rd week of bed rest and hating every minute of it. Let me clarify bed rest for you though....I am not confined to my bed. I spend all day on the couch or in a chair. I am not one of those people that actually spends all day in bed. How depressing would that be????

I have finished my steroid shots. I had the first one Monday and then second one yesterday. OUCH those things burn like fire!!!!! I am glad I only had to do that twice!!!! Hopefully they won't make me start to get puffy. I have heard they can make you swell up, and I am not feeling like that would be something I would enjoy!!!

I have ordered Garrett's new carseat!!!! YEA!!!! It should be here by the end of the week. It shipped yesterday, so we will see if I receive it. I hope he likes it...he has outgrown his seat already!!! You know they have a weight limit and he is a BIG boy!!!!!

My mom has been coming over almost every day to take care of Garrett. It is nice being able to see him every day, all day!! The days she doesn't come here, Joel takes Garrett to her house and then he picked him up after work.

Slowly we are working on Isabel's room. I am waiting to have a phone jack put in my house in order to move my computer, but that is really all I am waiting on. As soon as that is done, I can get the computer moved, the TV taken to my parents, the VCR moved to our room, and then....painting can start!!! Painting might actually start before all of that though...it depends on Greg and Laura's schedule!!! Do I have great friends or what??? They are going to come over and do all of the painting for me. I need to measure the walls and order the wall paper border so we can get it up after the paint dries.

Since my mom doesn't really have anything left to do in Isabel's room, I have her on another task...on top of the house cleaning, laundry, babysitting, lunch making...and everything else she does while she is here. She is actually at Wal Mart right now buying some paint and she is going to paint our hall bathroom. I have been putting it off, so she is going to do it for me. Hopefully once that is done, she can start on our bedroom and then our bathroom. That would mean that all of the rooms in our house will finally be painted!!!!!!
32 Weeks
~Your baby is up to 3.75 pounds (1702gm) now and is 16.7 inches (42.4cm) long.
~You might notice she's not moving around as much now. Don't worry! She is fine -- just running short on room. She still has plenty of growing to do though, believe it or not!
~All five senses are working. Your little one is fascinated and practicing testing these out as much as possible!
~Toenails are completely formed even though she may not be quite ready for a French manicure.
~Hair on your infant's head continues to grow in. Will he have dad's black hair or your red hair?
~Brain scans have shown that babies have periods of dream sleep (REM) starting around the eight month. What do you suppose your son is dreaming about?

Love To All!!!

2 comments:

Three Gals and a Guy said...

I'm sorry I haven't called! So, let's figure out a night to get together. Give me a call or I'll try to give you a ring and we'll figure out something. Hang in there, she'll be here before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Garrett is #1 grandson and alw ays will be.Grandma loves taking care of him.I'm wondering how long before Isabel gets her first french manicure.