The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

THE Call

It is amazing to think that 3 years ago we received a phone call that would forever change our lives!!! Thursday, May 10, 2010 at 10:03am we received THE phone call telling us that we had been chose to be Garrett's mommy and daddy!! I remember that day as if it were yesterday, the weather was drizzly but the sun kept poking out, I remember what I had on, I remember what Joel had on, I remember who I was talking to when my phone rang... I really do remember it like it was yesterday!!!

I am so blessed to have been chosen to be Garrett's mom! He brings joy to my life that I never knew existed and he has opened my eyes to so many wonderful things. During this exciting day, I also remember how blessed Joel and I are to have been chosen. Garrett's birthmother decided to sacrifice something in order to give her son a better life. Joel and I will always be grateful to Tiffany and we will never forget how it felt to be told that she had chosen us to be his forever family.

Tonight we will go to dinner at one of the little mexican restaurants that we like. We ate there on that special night 3 years ago...we had to have a rushed dinner because Joel had a softball game that night (that ended up being rained out), so we wanted something fast...we will eat there every May 10 for dinner as long as they are there!!!

This is a picture of Joel finally making it to my office after we got "THE CALL".

My first gift from Garrett!!!

1 comment:

GLS said...

Wow! It hard to believe that it has been 3 years!! I still remember when you called to tell me!! So exciting! Garrett and Isabel are such blessings!