The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 29, 2009

Having Fun

We have been having a lot of fun this summer. We take the kids outside every chance we get. During the week, I try to have dinner finished by 6:30 so we can take the kids outside to play for a while before it is tubby time. Not only is the fresh air good for all of us, the kids usually tire themselves out playing with Riley!!!

We planted a garden in the backyard this year. We have 8 tomato plants, 2 bell peppers, 4 cucumbers, 4 zucchini and 1 cilantro. The kids like to play in the dirt while I am pulling weeds. Tonight while I was working in the garden for a bit, I turned around and Isabel was eating the dirt!!! Once it was in her mouth she realized it wasn't something that she liked!!! We are patiently waiting for there to be veggies for us to pick!!! I did see 1 tomato that is beginning to turn red!!! YEA!!!

We are hoping to take the kids swimming this weekend. They have not been swimming yet this summer. I hope they will enjoy it. We took them last year and Garrett wasn't that impressed with the water. Isabel didn't mind it, but she was also only 6 months old. We have a couple options of pools we can take them to. I think we will start with the pool that has a great toddler section and then work our way up to a friend's neighborhood pool. I want them to get comfortable in the water before turning them loose in a pool where they can't touch bottom. (When I say turn them loose, I don't plan to toss them in and hope for the best!!! I just mean with their floaties while hanging on to Mommy and Daddy and not being able to touch the bottom.)

We are currently working with Garrett to go potty in the big boy potty. We have had a few monumental occasions where he has gone in the potty, but it is a slow process!! I don't know what I will do when I only have 1 in diapers....and then none!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

You can come over to our pool anytime, just give me a call!! No kiddie pool, but it's 3 ft to 5 ft. Let me know!