The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Half Way There

It is amazing to think that I am half way there!!!!! In 20 more weeks we will see our beautiful baby girls face!!!!! I have been feeling fine---thank goodness. I have heard that the 2nd trimester is the easiest part of the entire pregnancy...luckily I haven't had a rough part yet!!! One fun thing.....I have been feeling a number of flutters in my tummy!!!! I tell Joel nightly that his little girl is dancing in my tummy!!!! She really likes to move around when I am sitting at my desk at work and when I lay down at night to watch TV and drift off to sleep!!!

I think I am going to start putting my Christmas decorations out this weekend. I know that Joel has a job this weekend...I don't know if he knows it yet or not though...he is going to be putting the Christmas lights on the house!!!! I absolutely love the Christmas season...the sounds, the smells, the sights...

20 Weeks

~You're half way there!
~The rapid growth stage is about over. While things have slowed down, this next stage is vital to survival.
~The baby's heart grows stronger. Find a quiet place, lay flat on your back. Locate your own heartbeat by finding your pulse. Next lay your hand on your belly. You may be able to distinguish the two heartbeats!
~Her legs are reaching their relative size. With the increase muscle develop occurring as well, you will start feeling much more than tiny flutter kicks soon!
~Immunities are being transferred from you to your baby now. These immune cells will protect her from viruses you've already had for up to six months after birth!
~The nerve cells for taste, smell, hearing, seeing, and touch are now developing in specialized areas of the brain. Production slows down as existing nerve cells grow larger and make more complex connections.
~Your baby may startle in reaction to loud sounds. Amazingly, she can actually hear noises outside of the womb. Familiar voices, music, and sounds that baby becomes accustomed to during her development stages often are calming after birth.
~If your baby is a girl, her uterus is starting to develop. She has approximately six million eggs in her ovaries. About one million will remain at birth.
~Baby is about 6.46 inches (16.4cm) and weighs around 10.58 ounces (300g).

More Facts
~Your little monkey now has teeth buds, although they’re hidden beneath the gum line. And finally! Their limbs have reached their relative proportions—no more alien baby!
~Their cute pink lips are more defined, and might be helping out in a bit of prenatal thumb-sucking.
~At this point, your little one really looks like a miniature baby—and we do mean miniature as your little swimmer currently weighs a mere eighth of their final birth weight. With half the pregnancy behind you, the most significant gains are yet to come!
How's mom doing??
~Not that we need to tell you, but your baby may sometimes seem like a kick-boxer in training with no appreciation for your exhausted-pregnant-momma sleep needs.
~Your little independent thinker will continue to operate on their own time table throughout the rest of the pregnancy. And you thought rebellious behavior only started around puberty!
That's all for now. I go to the doctor tomorrow, so I will try and post a report then!!
Love To All!!!!

2 comments:

Missy and Brad said...

Misty-Congrats on the pregnancy milestone. How exciting! That's so cool that you can feel her moving now!!

Putting up Christmas decor is a lovely idea!! My mom got hers out last weekend. We'll do ours the day after Thanksgiving.
oxox
Miss

GLS said...

Wow, I can't believe you're 1/2 way there! Congratulations! Hmm...have we started talking names yet?? :-)

Loved the new pics of Garrett getting his first haircut - he couldn't be any cuter!! See you guys Sunday.
Laura