The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Coffee Bean


Did you know that the baby is the size of a coffee bean??!! If the baby is only the size of a coffee bean, why is that I feel like I have gained 10 pounds and that my clothes don't fit??? I guess part of that could be because it is too hot to get outside with Garrett and walk. I would love to know when a cold front is going to coming through (and staying).
Not much else going on with us. I started working from home this week. It isn't quite as easy as I thought it would be, but I am making it work. Believe it or not, it would have been easier when we first got home. Garrett doesn't sleep as much now as he was before. He is sleeping better at night though. The night before last, he only got up once in the middle of the night. Last night he got up around 1:30 and then again at 5:00. We think he is finally starting to get the hang of the fact that he is suppose to sleep at night!!!
8 Weeks
~Cartilage and bones begin to form - At the end of this week your baby will have already completed 1/5th of the journey 'til his birthday!
~The basic structure of the eye is well underway - The position is more "newborn" like already!
~The tongue begins to develop
~Intestines move out of the umbilical cord into the abdomen.
~Body grows and makes room - Two months along and this little one is growing inside and out by leaps and bounds!
~The fingers and toes have appeared but are webbed and short
~Baby's length (crown to rump) is 0.61 inch (1.6cm) and weight is 0.04 ounce (1gm)

3 comments:

GLS said...

Hope little Garrett is sleeping better! Hope the "little bean" is doing good too! ;-)

Good luck working from home, I know when I started it took me a couple weeks to get in the groove.

See you guys Friday!
Laura

Three Gals and a Guy said...

We do love the blogging, well so far anyway! We're really excited for you and Joel. How have you been feeling? I didnt' have any morning sickness the first trimester but I was extremely tired. I think I went to bed at 8 every night. Please let us know if you need help with anything!

Missy and Brad said...

Glad to hear everything's going so well!! Love the photo of the G-man in the previous post. What a doll! We're super happy that the little bean is doing great too!
oxox
Miss