The family you come from isn't as important as the family you are going to have. ~Ring Lardner
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Orphan Sunday

We participated in Orphan Sunday at church today. It was absolutely wonderful!!! I was part of a team that put together all of the resources at our church. We had a great display set up with multiple reference pieces, a display of children waiting to be adopted, an opportunity to sign up to be part of a support group... If one heart was touched I feel like I did what I was meant to do.

I also did something else today that is out of my comfort zone. I gave our adoption testimony in two of our four services. I love talking about adoption, I love telling our story, I love advocating, I love helping other people; but I am not a public speaker. It was a wonderful feeling standing up at the front of our church and explaining our story and I hope I touched someones heart today. Our story is a wonderful one and I hope everyone enjoyed seeing a glimpse into our life. If you are ever interested in our story, let me know; I would love to tell you all about it.

There are so many ways to help save an orphan. For as little as a few dollars a month you can make a huge impact on someone. If you would like to help save an orphan, message me and I will give you some ideas of what you can do to help.

Happy Adoption Day!!!!

No comments: